I signed up for the Office 365 beta and with just a little work got my email account working on my Droid with the default Office 365 domain setup.
- In the core email app, click Menu | Add Account
- enter your email address and password from Office 365
Android wasn’t able to automatically setup the account like it could with my corporate mail. I suspect this is a beta issue.
- In Domain\User name enter your full email account like firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your password
- In the Server enter SN2PRD0602.outlook.com
- This is slightly different than the settings you see if you add the account to Outlook. It uses SN2PRD0602.mailbox.outlook.com but that doesn’t seem to work on my droid.
- Check Use Secure connection (SSL)
- Hit Next
- You will need to accept the security prompt.
That’s is. Now I’ve got my corporate Exchange based mail and my Office 365 mail going to Android. I can view a combined inbox or see them separately and the notification icon shows number emails in the number of inboxes.