The folks at Delta are pushing packing light, no surprise there. But in their latest blog entry, they give bundle wrapping a nod over folding. I’ve been bundle wrapping since I started traveling again in January and it’s got some nice pluses and some downsides. Right now, the good outweighs the bad for me.
On the plus side:
- It does seem to reduce wrinkles in clothes
- It does seem to make it easier to fit more clothes into a small bag
- It makes it easier to count and make sure that you have enough clothes
- If you travel to multiple locations in one trip, it’s a pain. For 3 city/5 day trip you’ll be tired of re-wrapping fast
- If you accidentally wrap your liquids in the core. TSA will make you regret it.
- If TSA decides to check something in your core, you’ll regret it.
- You have to think before you pack. If you want that pair of jeans or tennis shoes for the flight home after the business meeting, don’t bundle wrap them. bundle wrap everything else and throw them in last.
All in all, I’m pro-bundle wrapping, just pay attention when you do.